The setting was perfect. The weather was gorgeous, the back-9 was playing fairly & Team George was having a bad day! Nobody expected any excitement out of the match up between two middle-of-the-pack teams in G & G Snow Plow (Team 9) and Heyl Farms (Team 7).
But, we got more than excitement; we got history.
With his 49, Greg Gillick became just the 5th player in Coot Brown history to reach the milestone of 150 career victories! With a league that has featured nearly 100 golfers each season for 27 seasons, that’s quite the accomplishment.
Overall, it was an active night for the Milestone Watch. Jim Jost got #96 as did the newest member of the Watch, George Ermold.
George’s victory helped his team, Quail Creek (Team 2), squeak 4 points out of the night to maintain their hold on the top spot in the standings. Their margin, however, is closer than it has been in a couple of weeks; just 7 points ahead of Haegele Nursery (Team 10).
The Good – George Ermold’s eagle on 17.
The Bad – as in GOOD – Ray Gillick’s skin (birdie) on 18.
The Ugly – The Bull Sh!t was flying with the Lake tournament coming up!
- Great shootin’ – Brad Garlich – evan-par-36!
- Jim Jost had the low-net-score on the night with 29 (43).
- Joe Sonderman still has the best record in the league at 6-0-1 (1.000).
- Ed Williams now has sole possession of the “Sey Tuff Guy” Award through 15 weeks at 1-6-1 (.143)
- John Davis, Bob Twitchell & Mike Wamser still have the most improved handicaps through 15 weeks at -2.
- John Daivs & Bob Twichell got the closest-to-the-pin honors on the night.
The feature match-up of the week for Week 16 will be the tilt between C.E.S. (Team 4) & Haegele Nursery (Team 10). Haegele Nursery has a 3-point lead over C.E.S. for 2nd place. A sweep for either team could really make things interesting for the last couple weeks of the second half!
COOT SAYS: “GOOD TO SEE L.P. MACKAYLA BACK BEHIND THE BAR!!”