June Gloom has set in over the Midwest as Coot’s guys were greeted with overcast skies & temps in the upper 70s. They were ideal Coot Conditions indeed…well, except for being on the dreaded back-9.
But, that didn’t matter too much with skins being earned on #10 (KEVIN OLIVER), #11 (DAVE COOPER), #15 (ERIC POHRER) & #18 (RON SUDA).
Mostly, though, it didn’t matter to HEYL FARMS – after a 10-point sweep on Week 9, they are back in the top spot in the standings after spending just one week in second place. After taking advantage of SOUTHSIDE MACHINE on the Jost Family Vacation week, the guys of HEYL FARMS have set themselves up nicely for the Position Round of Week 10.
In fact, here are the match-ups for the Position Round:
[warning]11 vs. 2
4 vs. 7
6 vs. 5
9 vs. 10
3 vs. 8
1 vs. 12[/warning]
Great Shootin’ – JOE “JOE” SONDERMAN carded an even-par-36 on the night & Little Big Man ELLIOT KITE shot a 38 (net-28). TIM SARGENT & JOE SONDERMAN earned the closest-to-the-pin honors on the night.
Despite some guys being able to overcome the back-9, there was at least one guy that couldn’t. CHRIS TOCKSTEIN earned career loss #150 – not the kind of milestone you want to celebrate I guess!
[pullquote align=”center” textalign=”center” width=”100%”]THE GOOD – JOB – by THE TUREK BROTHERS – “The Spoilers”
THE BAD – SAD – only 10 weeks left…
THE UGLY – Teams 1 & 12 are facing each other for the second week in a row.[/pullquote]
[important]COOT SAYS: “Tuff to repeat as League Champs.”[/important]
- Coot’s US OPEN CHALLENGE will kickoff this Thursday, June 12th with a carryover pot of about $550.
- Registration forms for Coot’s annual SUMMER SOCIAL: A NIGHT AT THE RACES are now available – register early to get your tickets!
- Entry forms are now available for the LAKE TOURNEY – download your form today & reserve your spot!
- LEAGUE UPDATE: starting with the second half (Week 11), we will be playing from the WHITE TEES (seniors from the red tees).
- Coming up for Week 12: ASK THE PRO DAY! MIKE MURPHY, who was instrumental in the start of the Coot Brown League, will be on the range to answer or help any and all Cooters. He will be available from 2:00pm-4:30pm – be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to tune up your swing!