Welcome to the 27th edition of the Coot Brown Golf League!
The guys of “The Bean House” (formerly “Mead Electric”) are ready to begin defending their 2012 title. But, I know of 11 other teams who have something different on their mind for 2013.
This year will feature 12 teams (1 with a new name) and 93 golfers from time to time. Each week 2 Cooters will earn closest-to-the-pin honors and anyone who is lucky enough to get a hole-in-one will be able to take home a portion of the jackpot!
There are 2 guys who are starting the season on the Milestone Watch. Marty Yanics needs 4 wins to join the 100-win club; meanwhile, Tim Sargent needs just 1 win to join the elite group! Surely there will be others chasing down milestones this year!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the 2013 season, as you prepare for the first night of golf in just a couple nights:
- Check your handicap. The handicap listing has been updated for the start of the season.
- Check your team’s schedule. Each team has a unique page that will show you the team schedule & that week’s rotation. You can even download a printable version that allows room for your team’s roster. Remember, there is no golf on July 4th.
- Get ready for the Match Play Challenge. The brackets for the 2013 Match Play Challenge have been released – check them out & let the trash talking begin! B-FLIGHT & CHAMP BRACKETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED (4/14/13 5:30PM)
- Know the details. Check out the agenda from the winter meeting to get a refresher of what to expect in 2013.
- Like us on Facebook! The Coot Brown Golf League is on Facebook – like us & spread the word!